It’s that time of year, again! Time to gear up for all the new adventures that await us in 2019. It’s time to get those bottles popping! So why not host a few family & friends to cheers to the New Year. Here are a few tips to host your Glitzy New Years Eve Party.
A well stocked bar cart is key! I love decorating it with the seasons. And for my NYE party I wanted to make it extra festive! I added these glitter Christmas ornaments in a glass bowl for a touch of glam. I added some greenery to add a touch of Holiday and this sparkly Christmas tree with a few ornaments. Above the bar I added this super festive holiday Wreath by Treetopia. This Wreath is pre-lit with clear LED to give it that sparkle. Perfect for New Years Eve glitzy party.
My bar cart was setup as a self-serve bar to make it easy. I also had a self-serve beer & rum station in another room. I always have fun creating a special cocktail for my parties! My Pomegranate Rosemary Bubble was a hit! Check out recipe here.
I had fun creating this festive tablescape for an intimate NYE dinner. I created this beautiful center piece using natural greenery from Trader Joes. I attached the two bundles together with green wire ties. Then I added sparkle ornaments throughout and placed candle votives on table with two tall candles sticks. I purchased flowers from Trader Joes and placed in the center for a pop of color. I love this pre-lit Garaland by Treetopia on banister as well as on our chest in the back of the room. It really brought this entire space together! I dimmed the lights and lit the candles about 15 minutes prior to guests arriving. I just love how the pre-lit Garland & Wreaths made everything sparkle.
You can always cater or keep it simple by cooking main dish and asking guests to bring a side dish. That’s what we did as they were my closet friends. We made a delicious pork tenderloin. Some of sides that guests brought where Double Whipped Mashed Potatoes, Cous Cous, Pomegranate & Chick Pea salad, and Truffled Brussel Sprouts. You can always opt for a cocktail party. Just stock the bar, hors d’oeuvres and small appetizer to keep it Stress-free!
I setup the table the day before and added a few touches the day of the event. Every table setting had horns, a hat and a mini bottle of champagne. It’s New Years celebration after all!
So things to remember…
- Send out invite via card or email 3-4 weeks
- Make a to do list
- Decide type of party –sit down, cocktail, etc
- Create a simple menu or cater
- Preparation is key. Prepare anything you can in advance so you are not running around at the last minute!
- Setup different stations. My main focus was this room but I had a separate bar area with drinks + soda. As well as small cheese platter and chips + dip in another room.
- Decide on decor! I went with Glitzy Glam for NY with lots of silver and gold. I made it sparkle with these beautiful Wreath & Garland and lots of candle with low lighting.
- And most importantly dress up- be festive and enjoy! It’s a celebration!
I hope these tips help you shine bright as the hostess with the mostess! You can find more Glitzy Treetopia products here. They have all the color and sparkle you are looking for.
Happy New Years!