My husband and I use to have dates nights weekly but after having Chloe I will admit it hasn’t been easy. It is so easy to get busy and overwhelmed with responsibilities for our kids and maintaining our household, and just keeping up with parenthood. We dedicate our lives to our kids, but our marriage also deserves attention. It’s easy to get consumed in our children-they mean the world to us! But I believe that if we don’t make our marriage a priority you may find that you are just connected by your children over time. Whether it’s a date night in or a day date, we need to try to make it a priority.
It’s hard to carve out time as parents but even if it’s only once a month you will find that time so valuable to your relationship. A date is the perfect opportunity to connect with your spouse and draw closer together. After a great date night I feel more refreshed & connected to my husband. I also feel it’s great for the kids. Your little ones need to know it’s okay to not be with mommy & daddy. It can help with any separation anxiety. If your kids are older I think it’s great for them to see parents making time for each other. You are modeling a healthy marriage for them. If you’re asking how? Try to ask a friend or family members to watch them. You can even take turns watching each others kids. You may be pleasantly surprised.
If you need some fresh new ideas to spice up your date night I am sharing 5 with you today. Also, keep reading because I’m sharing a really amazing local giveaway for the perfect date night in the city this month!
5 Date Night Ideas:
- Sometimes it’s hard to get a workout in especially as parents. Why not make it a workout night and have smoothie/healthy salad afterwords. Eric and I use to meet up for Yoga together and we would find a healthy spot to eat afterwards.
- You don’t always have to head out. Sometimes it’s hard to find a sitter. I get it! Get the kids to bed early and break out your bottle of red wine and make dinner together!
- Why not try a Day Date! While the kids are in school sneak off for a fun lunch and walk in the park.
- Head to local concert and dance the night away! Okay well maybe just for a few hours 🙂
- Lastly, have a romantic dinner and watch a show at The National Theater! We all deserve a night of fine dining and watching a fun musical with our spouse, right?!
I hope you guys enjoyed my list! I’ve partnered up with National Theater in DC to give one lucky winner tickets for 2 to The Carol King Musical- Beautiful. Tickets are for opening night, November 27 7:30pm.
Carol The King Musical tells the story of King’s rise to stardom. She became one of the most successful solo acts in popular music history and wrote the soundtrack to a generation. This show is great for entire family! Especially pop music lovers. We are so excited to see this musical.
You can have dinner at a nearby restaurant and then off to see the musical. Such a fun date night! To enter this giveaway make sure to be following me and National Theater on Instagram and for an extra entry subscribe to my blog if you haven’t already. Make sure to comment done on my instagram page so I know you completed everything. I will be announcing the winner on November 19th.
Good luck to everyone!